Sunday, September 27, 2015

Last weekend

I attended a class with Kathy Doughty, a very inspirational tutor from Material Obsession in Sydney. She was teaching her Modern Wedge class. 
Lots of fun, especially with the fussy cutting. Actually the decision on what fabric to use, and how to use it, takes the most time, as the blocks are very easy to sew.

Here are a few of the class wedges.








 The one above, is one that I would love to make. All scraps - I think this would be alot of fun!



 Below is my attempt and I must say I was pretty pleased with it. I just have to applique it down.




 I'm on the countdown now to my trip to canada, Houston and Japan, in October, so I'm making lists of things to do. Hand work to take, Food in freezer, food in freezer,,,,,,:-)

Thanks for dropping by


 
http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Sew Quilt Designs said...

I'm eye balling that scrappy one as well :)

Leeanne said...

Lovely wedges Sue.

Anonymous said...

The pieced circles look interesting. I'll take your word for it that they weren't difficult. Have a wonderful vacation in October.

Maureen said...

The darker wedges in your quilt really make the pieced wedges pop--beautiful job!

Raewyn said...

Your block is beautiful - and huge!!! October's just around the corner - very exciting!!

Karen H said...

I'll bet that the workshop was a ton of fun. Your block is great. Will you turn it into a larger quilt I wonder?

Lara B. said...

Sue the wedges look like such fun and I would be pleased as punch if I sewed one like yours!

Trend News said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.